- Firstly check both file and sharing (folders only) permissions on the file/folder
- Right click on file/folder and select Properties
- You can also try this take ownership approach
- Check, using process monitor, to see if any other process has the file open
- If so close/kill this process.
- You could also try this delete on reboot - Which schedules a del on next reboot.
Friday, 18 July 2008
Problems when deleting file/folders on Vista
So you're [desperately] trying to delete a file/folder and it comes up with: "destination folder access denied" and says "You need permission to delete this file"??!