If you're working on projects that combine Mingw and Microsoft's Visual Studio environment (VS2008 etc) then here are a few things that are useful to know:
- How to get Mingw/Msys to pick up or import VS environment (e.g. for include paths etc):
- Add the line below (change version of VS if necessary) to C:\MinGW\msys.bat
- Call "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7/Tools/vsvars32.bat"
- How to add other tools to the path for Mingw/Msys (e.g. Collabnet's svn):
- Add the line below to /etc/profile (within msys) or C:\MinGW\etc\profile:
- export PATH="/c/Program Files/CollabNet/Subversion Client:$PATH"