- Mini sliders/widgets - On OSX Cocoa/Carbon there's some neat small sliders
- You can enable them on OSX (only) by using this method (there is also a MINI size):
- Multiple display/screen or multi-monitor info - like how many displays and what resolution/size are they?
- Find out info using the wxDisplay() class - e.g. wx.Display.GetCount() tells you how many displays are connected - as seen here.
- WxPython on Snow Leopard - you need to enable 32-bit python - do it in either of these two ways:
- defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes
- export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT=yes
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Messing with WxPython
I've been playing with Wx Python on OSX and it's not bad for knocking things up. Trying to find out how to do certain things has taken a while - when you just can't find the right search term! Here's a couple of things that I'd been trying to do: