- Firstly I found out how to enable debug logs for WMDC - note you can also see some of the error messages if you use DebugView.
- There are also error logs in the Windows Event Viewer 0x8007274a
- Looking at the wmdc logs I see an 0x80004005 error which a general code for permission denied.
- Some of these Windows Mobile Power Toys were interesting.
- This guy (translated from French) has some useful info on security on Windows Mobile.
- Microsoft's Vista MDC guide
- Microsoft MDC troubleshooting
- Finall - I found a fix! - after following up a solution to this error when using IE to download a cab or pdf file: "this device is restricted from downloading this file type" - see my latest post on the matter.
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Windows Mobile Device Centre fun....NOT [FIXED!]
Hmmm - As someone said WMDC is a great sales tool for the iPhone/GPhone! I plugged in my pesky Windows Mobile 6 phone and it just pops up with "Error" one day... Not useful, at all. I've spent quite a while trying to track down the problem. There's a few sites (pocketpcfaq, modernnomads) out there that do offer useful advice but they didn't solve my problem.